Houston-born artist Natalie Irish makes paintings by smooching and mouthing color onto canvas- she happens to be young and attractive, and the images she happens to kiss into being tend to be dead celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Jimi Hendrix and Amy Winehouse. Predictably, a media frenzy has ensued, with Ms Irish featured on Huffington Post, Yahoo, Time Magazine, Glamour and last but not least, the Phoenix AZ, College Times where Alli Ligett peeled her mouth from her work long enough for this interview.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015