The photograph may be blurry, but art/combat blogger Robert Boyd got the shot as he reported on Saturday’s opening at G Gallery. The show, by by Otis Ike and Ivete Lucas is about Vietnam war re-enactments and featured a staged performance with fake soldiers creeping up on fake Viet Cong in a grass hut. The fake violence was rudely interrupted by a drunk and very angry woman who decked several participants before being dragged off by her friends.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015