South by Southwest is coming to Austin, and visual and dramatic arts groups are hunkering down to weather the tsunami of visitors almost exclusively focused on music, film and technology. Jeanne Clair Van Ryzin reports in Austin 360 that the Zach Theater and Ballet are purposely between shows, as is AMOA/Arthouse’s stylish Congress Ave. facility, which has been rented out in its entirety to SamsungMobileUS for #FEED, a “a 10 day SXSW experience that pairs the hottest social media companies with digi-artists and live music,” avoiding the messy rent-out-the-current-installation controversy that plagued the space last year.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015