South by Southwest is coming to Austin, and visual and dramatic arts groups are hunkering down to weather the tsunami of visitors almost exclusively focused on music, film and technology. Jeanne Clair Van Ryzin reports in Austin 360 that the Zach Theater and Ballet are purposely between shows, as is AMOA/Arthouse’s stylish Congress Ave. facility, which has been rented out in its entirety to SamsungMobileUS for #FEED, a “a 10 day SXSW experience that pairs the hottest social media companies with digi-artists and live music,” avoiding the messy rent-out-the-current-installation controversy that plagued the space last year.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015