The LA Times‘ Deborah Vankin reports that the enormous rock for artist Michael Heizer’s Levitated Mass at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art has been levitated. Emmert Costruction has lifted the 340 ton rock onto a custom-built steel transportation frame that began crawling from Stove Valley quarry in Riverside County to downtown Los Angeles last night. It is scheduled to arrive on March 10.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015