In San Angelo, museums, artists, students and university faculty all pull hard together to create a vital art scene from a less than critical mass. Ami Mizell-Flint in the San Angelo Standard-Times reports on how cosy relationships between Angelo State University and the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts put life into the art scene in the tiny West Texas city. She highlights the museum’s unique Coop Gallery, (not a co-op, but named for Roger Allen’s Chicken Farm Art Center in North San Angelo), which hosts student shows and contemporary art, functioning as a kunsthalle. The unversity even rents museum space for its ceramic studio!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015