The president’s 2013 “re-election budget” has got my vote: Allen Keckonen of the San Antonio Art Festivals Examiner has waded through the numbers and concludes that last fall’s cuts for the NEA and NEH have been largely offset by 5.5% budget increases this time around! Of course, it’s just a proposal, if it dances across the gator pool of deficit hawks, it must still dodge the firing squad of competing special interests, and wriggle through a crack in the fortress of partisan obstructionism, but who’s worrying?
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015