The president’s 2013 “re-election budget” has got my vote: Allen Keckonen of the San Antonio Art Festivals Examiner has waded through the numbers and concludes that last fall’s cuts for the NEA and NEH have been largely offset by 5.5% budget increases this time around! Of course, it’s just a proposal, if it dances across the gator pool of deficit hawks, it must still dodge the firing squad of competing special interests, and wriggle through a crack in the fortress of partisan obstructionism, but who’s worrying?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015