In conjunction with her year-long retrospective at the El Paso Museum of Art (Aug. 28, 2011-Aug 4, 2013), El Paso Inc. has a feature on sculptor Margarita Cabrera’s ongoing international activities, based out of her studio on what was part of El Paso pioneer Zach White’s original Upper Valley property along Frontera road. Cabrera’s company, Florezca, in which undocumented workers are shareholders so that they might be protected by the legal status of a corporate entity. Last fall, Cotton Circles, involved students, faculty, staff and community volunteers at California State Univ. in Fresno in a collaborative, outdoor weaving project using traditional Oaxacan looms.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015