In honor of 2012’s newly feminized logo, Contemporary Art Month and Blue Star Contemporary Art Center presents the “Miss CAM Antonio” contest. The virtual pageant will take place on the new Miss CAM Antonio Facebook page. The contest is open to anyone currently living in San Antonio: male or female, young or old. To compete, contestants must answer the classic pageant-inspired question: “As Miss CAM Antonio how would you promote contemporary art in San Antonio?” and post your answers on the Miss CAM Antonio Facebook pagebetween February 1 – 24.
Finalists will be determined by the number of “likes, “with he top four proceeding to the finalist round, judged by a panel of CAM and Blue Star Art members. The winner will be crowned during the Contemporary Art Month kick-off party at Blue Star Art Contemporary Art Center on Thursday, March 1, from 6-9 p.m. with a custom-designed tiara by artist Chris Sauter!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015