The McNay Art Museum has received a bequest of $5 million from the estate of Dallas philanthropist Nancy Blackburn Hamon, wife of famed oil wildcatter Jake L. Hamon, which will help to endow the operation of the museum’s 45,000 square foot Jane and Arthur Stieren Center for Exhibitions, which doubled the McNay’s exhibition space in 2008. Mrs. Hamon died on July 30, 2011.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015