The McNay Art Museum has received a bequest of $5 million from the estate of Dallas philanthropist Nancy Blackburn Hamon, wife of famed oil wildcatter Jake L. Hamon, which will help to endow the operation of the museum’s 45,000 square foot Jane and Arthur Stieren Center for Exhibitions, which doubled the McNay’s exhibition space in 2008. Mrs. Hamon died on July 30, 2011.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015