Jenna Madison has joined the staff of the Amon Carter Museum in Fort Worth as their new Interpretation Mannager. What’s an interpretation manager? The newly-created position’s duties include designing public programs and informative resources to help the Amon Carter’s collection connect with the diverse audiences it’s trying to reach. It seems to be museum education reformulated with less schoolroom-style condescension, and, in fact, Madison comes to the Carter with eight years of experience as a museum educator at the High Museum in Atlanta and SFMOMA. The Carter’s blog even features a video of the new hire on her first week!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015