Did you go to this thing?
Houston’s Art Ball — aka Disaster Ball, a fundraiser for this here publication, it was. I went all the way from San Antonio. I was impressed by the breadth and inventiveness of the costumes, the tipsy friendliness of the crowd, and the funky hauteur of the Colombe D’Or. There were cocktails, and an eerily convincing Michael Jackson tribute band, and a pose-yourself photo booth, and (I think) empanadas. I had a riotous good time, although my +1, a certain manwhore who will go unnamed, ditched me for a cute guy for like two hours. Then he met me here, though.
I took some photos at Disaster Ball, but not at F Bar, or the Montrose Mining Company or… the other place we went. I’m making myself sound all fancy, but this is likeliest the fanciest nightlife type night I will have for five plus more years. Next year, consider going!
Right, here’s some photos – and a li’l video at the end!
also by Sarah Fisch
- Chupacabrona, California (Two: Grad school confidential) - October 2nd, 2012
- Feedback: Sonic Youth’s “The Sprawl.” - September 28th, 2012
- Chupacabrona, California. (One.) - September 7th, 2012
- Radcliffe Bailey at the McNay: Back to School - August 20th, 2012
- Meanwhile, in San Antonio: Wolverton and Guy Hundere - July 18th, 2012