The end-of-January media luncheon with new Dallas Museum of Art Director Maxwell Anderson prompted a double-edged chop from blogger Glenn Hunter in last week’s D magazine. Calling Anderson “a big-time arts guy straight out of central casting: polished, corporate, carefully spoken. Tailor-made for Dallas, in other words.” Hunter goes on to dis Anderson’s wife, “the beautiful, Houston-reared actress/entrepreneur Jacqueline Buckingham Anderson” who, aside from spending a lot of money on decorating, he suspects, may have written her own Wikipedia entry. Ouch.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015