The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, has selected Steven Holl Architects to develop plans for their highly anticipated new building art after 1900. Holl was selected from among thre finalists, Steven Holl Architects, Snøhetta and Morphosis, who prepared concepts for the project.
The building (and parking structure) will occupy the two-acre parking lot across the street from the mies Van Der Rohe building, adjacent to the sculpture garden and the Glassell School. Named by Time Magazine as America’s Best Architect, Steven Holl has built The Finnish Museum of Contemporary Art, Helsinki; The Herning Museum of Contemporary Art, Denmark; the Cite de l’ocean et du surf in Biarritz; and the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015