People with cellphone cameras within 100 miles of Texas City are invited to email their best pictures to Mayuko Gray at the College of the Mainland Art Gallery, for jurying and possible inclusion in “Oh Snap!” the gallery’s first ever open cellphone snapshot show. Although submissions will be filtered for explicit content, ruling out a certain biggish sector of the phone-camera photography spectrum, the show aims for inculsiveness: “I want to see raw images of daily life, captured by the most immediate media — cellphones — by everyone,” Gray said. “Don’t be shy; anyone can enter, and you may end up with the best-in-show $100 award.”
Email up to 10 pics to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 2. In the subject line, type in your full name, title of the picture, and contact phone number — each separated by underscores. Example: John Smith_Title_8320001234. Selected works will be printed, framed and displayed at the gallery from Feb. 27 through March 29.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015