Houston Artist William Betts has been selected for this year’s New American Paintings annual $1000 prize. Bett’s polished, mechanical images of photographs and surveillance video were featured in several editions of the magazine, and, as part of the award, will be hung at the NEXT art fair in Chicago. This year’s jury included CAMH Director Bill Arning, James Rondeau, Curator and Chair of Contemporary Art at the Art Institute of Chicago, and Peter Boswell, Senior Curator at the Miami Art Museum. Betts’ work will be on display in an upcoming show at Holly Johnson Gallery in Dallas on February 18.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015