Gary Tinterow, former Met curator and new director of the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, is going to be awarded the insignia of Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government tomorrow in a ceremony at the Cultural Services offices of the French Embassy in New York. That puts him one up on the Dallas Museum’s Maxwell Anderson, who is merely a Chevalier of the Order, created in 1957 to recognize eminent artists and writers, as well as individuals who have contributed to furthering the arts in France and throughout the world.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015