Gary Tinterow, former Met curator and new director of the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, is going to be awarded the insignia of Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government tomorrow in a ceremony at the Cultural Services offices of the French Embassy in New York. That puts him one up on the Dallas Museum’s Maxwell Anderson, who is merely a Chevalier of the Order, created in 1957 to recognize eminent artists and writers, as well as individuals who have contributed to furthering the arts in France and throughout the world.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015