The Real Artists of Marfa/Foundation for Jammable Resources is four guys who moved to Marfa about five years ago; one from Alpine, one From Marathon, one from Austin, and one from California, just as the budding service industry supporting the budding art/industrial complex began requiring more educated low-level employees than the local population could supply. Like many other small-town service workers, they’ve decided to shake things up by forming a band. They played some parties, cut some capers, and, it being Marfa, their underground activities have been reported in the NY Times.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015