A new mural by ACK! has appeared on top of Jenni’s Noodle House in Houston Heights. The 14 foot rooftop billboard is semi-advertising, featuring a drooling boy offering noodles to penguins in birthday hats. Like Gonzo247’s recent St. Arnold Brewery mural, the piece applys street-art style to commercial signage, for which ACK!, with his bright, decorative color, appealing cartoon characters and penchant for narrative is particularly well suited. The temporary holiday decoration will remian on view until sometime later in January.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015