It’s not technically over yet, but Elda Silva of the San Antonio Express-News has wrapped up the visual arts in her city for 2011 in yesterday’s paper, highlighting a catholic selection of street art, Chinese jade, British sculpture, Border-inspired politics, and Mapache Man, Jimmy James Canales’ “hulking, faux-furred creation (made out of coonskin caps)” in her roudup of the best San Antonio had to offer last year.
Gaile Robinson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram had a similar year-in-review for DFW, listing a string of great shows at institutions in the metroplex.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015