It’s not technically over yet, but Elda Silva of the San Antonio Express-News has wrapped up the visual arts in her city for 2011 in yesterday’s paper, highlighting a catholic selection of street art, Chinese jade, British sculpture, Border-inspired politics, and Mapache Man, Jimmy James Canales’ “hulking, faux-furred creation (made out of coonskin caps)” in her roudup of the best San Antonio had to offer last year.
Gaile Robinson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram had a similar year-in-review for DFW, listing a string of great shows at institutions in the metroplex.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015