It’s currently under construction on Friday, January 20 the MFAH’s much touted International Center for the Arts of the Americas (ICAA) digital archive goes online at www.icaadocs.mfah.org. After 10 years and $50 million, the first installment of the phased, multiyear launch begins with 2,500 documents from Argentina, Mexico and the American Midwest, intended to catalyze research in a field that has been notoriously lacking in accessible resources. The archive, eventually to include 10,000 primary source documents, will be available worldwide, free of charge. An international symposium, Mining the Archive: New Paths for Latin American/Latino Art Research on Thursday and Friday, January 19 and 20, will accompany the launch, and will also be webcast at www.mfah.org/webcast.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015