The Independent Arts Collaborative has selected San Antonio’s limestone-loving Lake+Flato (who designed the remodel for UH’s Mitchell Center for the Arts) and Houston theater-and-chapel specialists Studio Red Architects to design its new building at 3400 Main Street. The flexible facility will contain 85,000 square feet of shared, affordable exhibit and performance space, as well as rehearsal and workshop areas, classrooms, and offices to be shared by established and emerging Houston arts orgs.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015