Houston’s Buffalo Bayou Partnership has gotten the green light from city council for a $55 million makeover of the most-viewed segment of the city’s semi-scenic waterway between Shepherd Drive and Sabine St. near downtown. The project, with significant private support from the Kinder Foundation will include, in addition to myriads of benches, pavilions, bike trails, boat basins, and dog parks, several major (flood resistant!) art projects, currently under consideration by panelists at the Houston Arts Alliance.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015