Houston’s Buffalo Bayou Partnership has gotten the green light from city council for a $55 million makeover of the most-viewed segment of the city’s semi-scenic waterway between Shepherd Drive and Sabine St. near downtown. The project, with significant private support from the Kinder Foundation will include, in addition to myriads of benches, pavilions, bike trails, boat basins, and dog parks, several major (flood resistant!) art projects, currently under consideration by panelists at the Houston Arts Alliance.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015