The Stark Museum of Art in Orange has spiffed up its galleries and library, and they’re inviting the public to a Grand Viewing on Thursday, December 29, from 5-8p.m. to celebrate. The Museum has been planning the project for several years, especially the installation of a new cooler, more energy-efficient LED lighting system. The galleries’ old fabric walls are now painted in dramatic colors, but the sculpture-hating brick floors remain. A new visitor information desk and an expanded Museum Store cap off the makeover.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015