The Stark Museum of Art in Orange has spiffed up its galleries and library, and they’re inviting the public to a Grand Viewing on Thursday, December 29, from 5-8p.m. to celebrate. The Museum has been planning the project for several years, especially the installation of a new cooler, more energy-efficient LED lighting system. The galleries’ old fabric walls are now painted in dramatic colors, but the sculpture-hating brick floors remain. A new visitor information desk and an expanded Museum Store cap off the makeover.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015