That void-within-a-void that is the Winter Holiday Break in Marfa has a new bright spot: Chinati invites all students Pre-School (3 and 4 years) through 8th grade to our FREE Winter Art Classes during their holiday break, Dec 27-30. Beginning with a visit to Chinati’s Jean Arp exhibition, students experiment in the ArtLab with different ways of making art from words, sounds, and found objects. Projects will include ink wall drawings, poetry and writing games, cake sculptures, noise performances, and a kids’ parade. Register online here.
The museum will host a special public exhibition on the last day of classes for students and their families, friends and community with cookies and candy. The event is free and everyone is invited on Friday, December 30 from 5-6pm at Chinati.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015