The Dallas Contemporary art Center is holding a series of novel collector-training workshops this winter, focusing on the cold-eyed assembling, caring for and insuring a collection of investment-grade art. Programming begins on December 7 at 6pm with a talk by art collector and art consultant J. Patrick Collins and art consultant Lisa Brown talk about working with a consultant (duh!). In January, two more consultants talk about Collection Planning and Acquisitions. Free for Dallas Contemporary Members, $10 otherwise.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015