All the kids are wild about Lomography, a new retro-photography marketing gimmick that seeks to make flawed, low-tech analog film photography hip (or rather, capitalize on its hipness to sell a special line of pricey cold-war era Russian cameras). Of course the new “globally active organization” is opening a gallery and store in Austin. The new Lomography Gallery Store Austin at 912 Congress Ave. will hold a grand opening party on December 6 from 6-11 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015