The Rockport Center for the Arts unveiled James Surls’ “White Walking Flower,” on November 14. Carted in by U-haul, the piece is smaller, and white, but otherwise similar to Surls’ polished steel piece sited in front of Houston’s CAMH.
As I see it, it’s all part of a universal appreciation for trees, combined with an equally universal aversion to raking leaves.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015