The Rockport Center for the Arts unveiled James Surls’ “White Walking Flower,” on November 14. Carted in by U-haul, the piece is smaller, and white, but otherwise similar to Surls’ polished steel piece sited in front of Houston’s CAMH.
As I see it, it’s all part of a universal appreciation for trees, combined with an equally universal aversion to raking leaves.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015