Houston Chronicle art Critic and “Art Guys Marry a Plant” dissenter Douglas
Britt-Darby Darby-Britt Britt-Darby has a posted a new YouTube video. Filmed on Thanksgiving day, the video, titled “Dario Robleto Knew Nothing About This,” (changed from the original title this morning, “The Art Guys vs. Dario Robleto”) shows a breathless and muttering Britt-Darby Darby-Britt Britt-Darby performing a ritual action at the site of “The Art Guys Marry A Plant” at the Menil Collection in Houston. Britt-Darby Darby-Britt Britt-Darby has shaved his head, and scatters a Dario-Robleto-style alchemical mixture of hair clippings and “million year old blossoms” around the sapling, declaring, in mock-wedding style that “by the power vested in me (I am still currently employed as a Houston Chronicle art critic), I declare that this fucking piece sucks” then sucks on a candy ring-pop, flings it at the base of the tree, then places it on one of the tree’s branches.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015