‘Tis the season to make money . . . and artists, galleries and orgs across the state are as busy as elves, devising promotions and events to scoop up some of the river of seasonal spending. In Houston, this evening is the opening of Spacetaker’s weekend-long Winter Holiday Art Market (WHAM); tomorrow, Dallas shoppers “get the VIP treatment” at Etsy Dallas’ 4th Annual Jingle Bash. Art Palace opens it’s Art Market show on Black Friday, November 25. Austin has its month-long Blue Genie Art Bazaar opening Dec. 1 and the Guadelupe Cultural Arts Center’s Hecho A Mano Market on Dec 2, and every who-gallery in who-ville will be opening shows of giftable items in the next two weeks.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015