Two-year old web art and print gallery Artmuse.com, out of Austin has redesigned its website and is making another marketing push, trying out a business model based on providing an “affordable alternative entry to traditional art collecting.” The site offers prices starting at $25, a bevy of real local Austin artists (and others) including Jennifer Chenoweth, Anne Genung, Jon Windham, Caroline Wright and David Leonard, a curated selection of offerings, which, if it’s a little too design-oriented for my taste, is at least somebody’s taste, and most astonishingly, ethical deals for both artists whose works are featured on the site and customers who purchase them!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015