The Judd Foundation in Marfa has hired a former senior sculpture conservator at the Tate in London to look after their art in the windy West Texas desert. Mette Carlsen is a graduate of the Masters program in Conservation and Restoration Science at the Danish Royal Academy of Art, and will be based in Marfa. Speaking of conservation, staff members spent 8 weeks in the summer sun rebuilding the Pergola at his remote (that is, even MORE remote) Casa Perez ranch to Judd’s exact specifications.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015