The Judd Foundation in Marfa has hired a former senior sculpture conservator at the Tate in London to look after their art in the windy West Texas desert. Mette Carlsen is a graduate of the Masters program in Conservation and Restoration Science at the Danish Royal Academy of Art, and will be based in Marfa. Speaking of conservation, staff members spent 8 weeks in the summer sun rebuilding the Pergola at his remote (that is, even MORE remote) Casa Perez ranch to Judd’s exact specifications.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015