Applications for artist projects for the upcoming edition of San Antonio’s street-art blowout, Luminaria, will go online on November 7. San Antonio’s adaptation of Paris’ “White Nights”, which happens on March 10, 2012, has already booked a long list of performers, and aims to bring contemporary art to the masses in public spaces. This year Luminaria is using an outside juror to select projects based on artistic merit and how the project relates to the event’s theme: light, and expects significantly fewer projects than in past festivals. The deadline for proposals and budgets is December 9.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015