Applications for artist projects for the upcoming edition of San Antonio’s street-art blowout, Luminaria, will go online on November 7. San Antonio’s adaptation of Paris’ “White Nights”, which happens on March 10, 2012, has already booked a long list of performers, and aims to bring contemporary art to the masses in public spaces. This year Luminaria is using an outside juror to select projects based on artistic merit and how the project relates to the event’s theme: light, and expects significantly fewer projects than in past festivals. The deadline for proposals and budgets is December 9.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015