According to Douglas Britt of the Houston Chronicle, the search for a new director for the Museum of Fine Arts Houston is entering its final phase: the field of candidates has been whittled down two finalists , Gary Tinterow of the Metropolitan Museum of Art; and Kimerly Rorschach, director of the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University. In the absence of official comment from the museum, he rest of Britt’s article backgrounds the candidates, (both of whom went to high school in Houston and studied at Brandeis University) and speculates on their strengths and fitness for “helming” a museum whose ongoing project is turning vast wealth into vast respectability.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015