Thomas Feulmer and Christina Rees are at it again with Modern Ruin: Quick and Dirty, a second edition of their popular bank-intervention show last year, minus the economic crisis tie-in, but including gumbo.
This time, they have taken over a pristine, but empty, century-old bungalow in the cultural district behind the Fort Worth Modern for a sort of reunion of the artists from the first ruin show: Frances Bagley, Tim Best, Michael Corris, Thomas Feulmer, M, Shelby Meier, Tom Orr, Kerry Pacillio, Richard Patterson, Chris Powell, Cam Schoepp, Noah Simblist, Terri Thornton, Kevin Todora, and Jeff Zilm, with a few new faces and TCU tie-ins. (The Ruin opening is sort of an after-party to the Angus Fairhurst Show opening at Fort Worth Contemporary Arts earlier the same evening).
Here’s the info: Modern Ruin, Quick and Dirty, 8:00-11:00 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5. 3309 W. 4th Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107 Note: BYOB!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015