Thomas Feulmer and Christina Rees are at it again with Modern Ruin: Quick and Dirty, a second edition of their popular bank-intervention show last year, minus the economic crisis tie-in, but including gumbo.
This time, they have taken over a pristine, but empty, century-old bungalow in the cultural district behind the Fort Worth Modern for a sort of reunion of the artists from the first ruin show: Frances Bagley, Tim Best, Michael Corris, Thomas Feulmer, M, Shelby Meier, Tom Orr, Kerry Pacillio, Richard Patterson, Chris Powell, Cam Schoepp, Noah Simblist, Terri Thornton, Kevin Todora, and Jeff Zilm, with a few new faces and TCU tie-ins. (The Ruin opening is sort of an after-party to the Angus Fairhurst Show opening at Fort Worth Contemporary Arts earlier the same evening).
Here’s the info: Modern Ruin, Quick and Dirty, 8:00-11:00 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5. 3309 W. 4th Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107 Note: BYOB!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015