Houston’s fledgling Center for Recycled Art, an educational nonprofit that brings crafty activities featuring re-purposed materials to schools, hospitals and daycare centers, has been granted nonprofit status. This means that all those empty can, bundles of old newspapers, old textbooks, and other clean, art-worthy refuse are now tax-deductible when you donate them to the cause.
The Center runs a once-a-month teacher warehouse at MECA’s Dow Elementary School, where documented public school teachers can fill bags with cheap goodies for their classes.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015