Internationally acclaimed painter and sculptor Eric Fischl will present the inaugural Naomi Turner True Lecture at the Glassell School of Art this afternon, Friday, October 28, at 6 p.m. The lecture, “How I paint what I paint,” is free and open to the public, and it takes place in the school’s Frank Freed Auditorium, 5101 Montrose Boulevard. Guests will have the opportunity to meet Fischl at the reception that follows. Fischl will also participate in a group critique for selected painting students at the MFAH’s Glassell School during the day.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015