Brooklyn -based Performance Artist Marni Kotak gave birth to a healthy baby boy in New York’s Microscope Gallery on Tuesday. The culmination of her exhibition, The Birth of Baby X, which began as a replica home birthing center, and will finish out its run replaying video of the big event. Saying that “real life is the best performance art” the artist plans to spend the rest of her life on her next project Raising Baby X.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015