Houston art car apostle Rebecca Bass is in Chattanooga, Tennessee this weekend, leading a workshop for educators, artists and the curious as they transform a 1974 Toyota Chinook Camper into the city’s first official art car. Her visit is sponsored by Art 120, a Chattanooga nonprofit that is organizing the city’s first Art Car Weekend in April 2012.
Under the slogan “Art Cars Mean Business” the org highlights the economic advantages of hosting an art car event, and has been collecting “uniquely Chattanooga items” to incorporate into the deeply-encrusted design, typical of the collaborative, award winning cars Bass and her students at Edison Middle School have been producing for years in Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015