Enormous aisles, enormous booths, enormous art, all surrounded by a fortification of shipping containers: the TX Contemporary Fair promises already to be a whopper. From a warren of bare bones, mostly unpainted walls yesterday morning to a grid of gleaming art-filled cubicles today (with the occasional harried electrician scurrying around overhead).
Be sure to visit the Glasstire Saloon early- we’ve got a scant
50 46 new Glasstire T-shirts for sale, and we’re giving some away to the winners of our “art fair Mad Libs” contest, not to mention the free tequila . . .
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015