Enormous aisles, enormous booths, enormous art, all surrounded by a fortification of shipping containers: the TX Contemporary Fair promises already to be a whopper. From a warren of bare bones, mostly unpainted walls yesterday morning to a grid of gleaming art-filled cubicles today (with the occasional harried electrician scurrying around overhead).
Be sure to visit the Glasstire Saloon early- we’ve got a scant
50 46 new Glasstire T-shirts for sale, and we’re giving some away to the winners of our “art fair Mad Libs” contest, not to mention the free tequila . . .
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015