Crystal Lara Andrus, an art teacher at Morton Ranch Junior High School in Katy, TX was fired Wednesday after an incident in which she, enraged over students rowdiness, allegedly threw a bottle of tea which struck a student, sending her to the hospital for stitches. The student is fine, but Andrus faces felony charges of injury to a child, giving a new meaning to the phrase: “settle down, class!”
Andrus, reportedly a popular teacher, was the subject of a video last year when she spearheaded a mural project through ArtReach, a nonprofit bringing art education to under-served areas west of Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015