Rice University Art Gallery has announced a special art fair encore performance by human painting machine Steve Keene, whose 1998 performance/installation Fresh Art Daily at Rice caused lines to form outside the gallery as Keene relentlessly painted hundreds of objects, selling them of for bargain prices as fast as (sometimes faster than!) the paint dried.
Since then, Keene has been in numerous shows, opened a store in Brooklyn, and has sold an estimated 140,000 artworks.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015