The Texas Contemporary art fair will officially begin with a $100-a-ticket preview party on Thursday, October 20 from 6 – 7:30 p.m., with proceeds earmarked for the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston. The evening continues from 7:30 – 10 p.m. as those with mere VIP passes join the party at Exhibit Hall A of Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center.
After opening night, the fair continues from October 21-23, featuring presentations from 60 galleries showcasing contemporary work, special projects related to the theme of energy and environmental sustainability, and rumors of the much-anticipated, possibly spurious Glasstire Pony!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015