Ex-Texan Color Field Painter Stephen Mueller died in New York on September 16. The 63 year old artist grew up in Dallas, and got a BFA from UT before moving to NY in 1970. Having family in Dallas, he remained connected to Texas, showing at Dave Hickey’s influential Clean Well Lighted Place gallery in Austin in 1970, and later at Texas Gallery in Houston. A memorial is scheduled for October 30, from 4-6 pm at St. Mark’s Chuch in the Bowery, 131 E 10th St, NY.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015