Over the summer, Dallas Nasher Sculpture Center has acquired it’s first taste of Texas art: gifts of significant pieces by pioneering Texas found-object assemblers Jim Love and David McMananway. Love’s Scoop Tailed Chef, an early welded steel assemblage, was donated by the Friends of Jim Love. Love’s Witch Doctor, and McManaway’s Ahab (1989) and Wonderful, then is the land… (1974), were donated by Nasher patron Elizabeth B. (Betty) Blake from her own collection.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015