Chalk the Block, the family-friendy art event that attracted 25,000 to downtown El Paso last year is on a collision course with Occupy El Paso, one of many loosely organized protests against corporate greed sweeping US cities. “If the people at Chalk the Block are truly artists; they will not have a problem with us being here,” shouted one man in the crowd. The faceoff between syndicated art-pap boosterism and grassroots anger happens next weekend, Oct 14-16! Maybe a cow parade smash up is next!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015