The El Paso Downtown Arts District has been officially recognized by the Texas commission on the Arts; the Director and Deputy Director will perform a designation ceremony on Friday, Oct. 14, at 2p.m. at the corner of Mills and Oregon St. next to San Jacinto Plaza.
The designation comes at the successful end of an an 18-month State of Texas application process spearheaded by the City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department (MCAD). Sean McGlynn, MCAD director said that designation “places a ‘Seal of Approval’ on all of the public and private sector investment in El Paso’s cultural core,” opening the way for further development.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015