Under the sign of featured artist Kreg Yingst’s genderless juggler, Bayou City Art Festival(Downton edition) prepares to spew bad art, good crafts, a mixed bag of performances and ever-increasing crowds over a cityscape that may, at last, not be uninhabitably hot.
This weekend, Saturday Oct 8 and Sunday Oct 9, marks the BCAF’s 40th year. Growing from a 1971 craft fair to buy plantings for lower Westheimer road, the festival is now a Houston Parks and Recreation Department-sponsored event. So: no uncaged reptiles!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015