Under the sign of featured artist Kreg Yingst’s genderless juggler, Bayou City Art Festival(Downton edition) prepares to spew bad art, good crafts, a mixed bag of performances and ever-increasing crowds over a cityscape that may, at last, not be uninhabitably hot.
This weekend, Saturday Oct 8 and Sunday Oct 9, marks the BCAF’s 40th year. Growing from a 1971 craft fair to buy plantings for lower Westheimer road, the festival is now a Houston Parks and Recreation Department-sponsored event. So: no uncaged reptiles!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015