Heritage Auctions, “The World’s Third Largest Auction house” will sell off more than 250 modern and contemporary artworks that once belonged to Dr. Edmund “Ted” Pillsbury, Dallas art dealer and intrepid scrounger of surprisingly wonderful things for the Kimbell Art Museum on October 26. The sale will take place at Heritage’s Design District Art Annex, 1518 Slocum Street in Dallas. From 2005 until his death in 2010, Pillsbury was Director of Museum Services and Chairman of the Department of Fine Arts at Heritage Auctions.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015