The editorial board of the San Antonio Express-News griped Friday about the continuing mismanagement of the nascent Briscoe Western Art Museum, which was supposed to be another tourist magnet on the Riverwalk, in the re-purposed historic Hertzberg Building on Market St., but is instead mired in lawsuits, cost overruns and staff turnovers. Even their website is under construction! The editorial follows a recounting of the museum’s woes in the Express-News last Wednesday, complete with links to the org’s old tax returns.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015