The burgeoning trade in high tech, over-the-top homecoming mums– once flowers, but now mutated into 20-30 pound bling monsters of ribbons, plush toys, LED’s, have been steadily growing in size and complexity since the 1970’s- spurred by prom-night competitiveness and the ingenuity of entrepreneurs capitalizing on it. The tradition, thought to have begun in Texas, is spreading.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015