The burgeoning trade in high tech, over-the-top homecoming mums– once flowers, but now mutated into 20-30 pound bling monsters of ribbons, plush toys, LED’s, have been steadily growing in size and complexity since the 1970’s- spurred by prom-night competitiveness and the ingenuity of entrepreneurs capitalizing on it. The tradition, thought to have begun in Texas, is spreading.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015